Thanks to You, It Happens!
We believe that Independence Day in Bel Air, with its traditional small-town events run by dedicated volunteers, offers a truly American experience, and one that deserves support.
We Can't Go It Alone — We Need Your Help
We must raise the money that it takes to bring the whole day together and celebrate our glorious holiday in fitting style — that's why we're asking you to please join us in this patriotic work:
The Bel Air July 4th Celebration — from dawn to night — is run by an independent, non-profit committee: the Bel Air Independence Day Committee, Inc.
Each year, local businesses, organizations, clubs and individuals lend invaluable support to the Bel Air Independence Day festivities by contributing to the Committee.
Won't you join them? Please download this Contribution Form, which gives you all the needed information on how you can support the 4th of July in Bel Air. We need:
- PROGRAM SPONSOR— $3,500 Donation. This an extremely visible and important part of helping the entire day-long celebration. We print 20,000 programs that include maps, schedules, lists, important info about the 4th, artwork by local children, and more, and distribute them about 10 days before July 4, to over 350 stores, businesses and functions in and around the Town of Bel Air, and Fallston, Hickory, Churchville and Abingdon. The programs are free and given to all shoppers and visitors by these businesses. The unique Program Sponsor is given 3/4 of the back cover for a patriotic message in full color! This is the only "ad" allowed in the entire program. Plus, credit is given inside the program, and at the Reviewing Stand our announcer describes your business and thanks you. You are also prominently listed on this web site, and in all publicity surrounding the 4th. For further information, please download the CONTRIBUTION FORM (above), or Send an e-mail to the Bel Air Independence Day Committee
- Up to 20 BAND SPONSORS — $1,500 Donation ($1,200 if a returning sponsor). This is our most visible and important part of helping the parade. We carry your banner in front of your sponsored band, and at the Reviewing Stand our announcer describes your business and thanks you. You are also prominently listed in the official program, on this web site, and in all publicity surrounding the 4th. For a list of bands AVAILABLE for sponsorship, please Send an e-mail to the Bel Air Independence Day Committee
- Cash Donations: these tax-deductible contributions are the traditional way local businesses and individuals have helped the July 4th celebration over the years. We are extremely grateful for the continuing support of so many local, forward-thinking families and companies. We credit these cash contributions in the official Program, in categories:
- Founders: $1,000 Donation
- Patriots: $750 Donation
- Minutemen: $500 Donation
- Skyrockets: $250 Donation
- Firecrackers: $100 Donation
You can DONATE safely on line, using PayPal or any major credit card! Just select the button above or below! All donations are tax-deductible.
You may also call 410-879-4245 and leave a message about your interest, and a member of the Committee will contact you.
The Bel Air Independence Day Committee, Inc., appreciates the generous contributions of our patrons. Their gifts underwrite many of the expenses of the various activities!
Premier Sponsor & Fireworks Sponsor: Jones Junction
Program Sponsor: Lions Club of Bel Air
- Balsamo, Stewart, Lutters & Ruth, CPAs: sponsor of the Carolina Gold Drum & Bugle Corps
- Buontempo Brothers/Tower Restaurant: sponsor of the Patterson Mill High School Band
- Carsins Run at Eva Mar: sponsor of The John Carroll School Band
- HAR-CO Credit Union: sponsor of The Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps
- Jarrettsville Federal Savings & Loan Association: sponsor of the Harford Highlanders Pipe Band
- Jones Junction: sponsor of the C. Milton Wright High School Band
- Klein's ShopRite of Maryland: sponsor of The Bel Air Community Band
- Plaza Ford: sponsor of the Fallston High School Marching Band
- PNC Bank: sponsor of the Bel Air High School Band
- Rosedale Federal Savings & Loan Association: sponsor of the Harford Technical High School Band
- TD Bank: sponsor of the Havre de Grace High School Band
- A Better Answer, Inc.
- Balsamo, Stewart, Lutters & Ruth, CPAs
- Buontempo Brothers / Tower Restaurant
- Carsins Run at Eva Mar
- Dresher Foundation
- HAR-CO Credit Union
- Jarrettsville Federal Savings & Loan Association
- Jones Junction
- Klein's ShopRite of Maryland
- Lions Club of Bel Air
- Michael Blum Associates, Inc.
- Plaza Ford
- PNC Bank
- Rosedale Federal Savings & Loan Association
- TD Bank
- Town of Bel Air
- Box Hill Pizzeria
- Suburban Propane
- Snee, Lutche, Helmlinger & Spielberger, P.A.
- Brown, Brown & Young, P.A.
- Conway Management
- Courtland Hardware, Inc.
- Harford Bank
- Dorothy Higinbotham & Family
- McComas Funeral Home
- People's Bank
- Smith & Kane, P.A.
- Bel Air Orthodontics
- Broadway Oral Surgery
- Grove Plumbing & Heating
- Towne Barbers
- W. K. Smith & J. A. Smith, P.A.
- William H. Cox, Jr., Real Estate, Inc.
- WSMT Insurance